Monterey County Superior Court Self-Help Center
The Self-Help Center provides information and explains options without giving legal advice or representing any parties.
Looking for a form?
State forms are on the
Judicial Council site and
local forms are on the
Court's main site.
Need help in person?
For additional help after reviewing this website, you can:
Need an appointment?
- Visit the Self-Help Center office in Monterey, where the Family Law Facilitator is also located.
Go to our Workshop & Document Checks section of this page.
Need to contact the Court?
- Attend a workshop at the Self-Help Center. We offer workshops on family law topics,
such as divorce and child support, visitation and custody issues.
contact page for information on how to phone or visit the Court.
Looking for information about a particular case or hearing date?
public access Case Info website.
Case and calendar information is available for civil, family, probate and small claims cases.
However, you will not be able to look up information on cases that are confidential, including cases involving evictions, adoptions,
mental health issues and custody petitions for parents who have not married.
Need legal advice but can’t afford a lawyer?
Information is available at the State Court Self-Help Site (www.courts.ca.gov).
You can obtain a referral to a lawyer or legal aid group from the local bar association.
The Self-Help Center can assist you with identifying the forms you need to file, review your completed forms for accuracy,
and answer questions about the legal process.
You can get more help at these websites:
The Self-Help Center can help you with:
The Self-Help Center cannot help you with:
- Child Support Issues
- Paternity Issues, including Set Aside Motions
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Spousal Support
- Dissolutions (Divorce)
- Legal Separation/Annulment
- Domestic Partnerships
- Elder Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Civil Harassment
- Probate Guardianships
- Unlawful Detainers and Answers (Landlord/Tenant Issues)
- Referrals to Small Claims Advisors
- Monterey County Bar Association referrals
- Referrals to other community resources
- Small Claims forms
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes for Section 8 Housing or other situations
- Juvenile Court matters (delinquency, dependency-including CPS matters)
- Probate matters (such as wills, trusts and conservatorships)
- Dismissing Criminal Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Most General Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Criminal matters of any type
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
PHONE: (831) 647-5800 ext. 3005
First Floor of the Monterey Courthouse
1200 Aguajito Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Peggy Hill is a California attorney and has been the Family Law Facilitator in Monterey since April of 2007.
She was a family law attorney for 24 years before coming to the Facilitator’s office.
She graduated from UC Berkeley and Boalt Hall School of Law.
Maria L. Mendoza is the staff attorney for the Self-Help Center at the Monterey County Superior Court.
Ms. Mendoza previously worked for California Rural Legal Assistance (CRLA) for 7 years.
She graduated from UC Irvine with a BA degree, and obtained her law degree from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento.