Self-Help Center

Self-Help Center assistance is being provided primarily by remote services.

Please sign up for the waitlist on tablets available at all Self-Help Locations.

Brief information and some services are being offer in person at all three Self-Help Center locations.

For assistance, please email your name, telephone number, and court case number (if you have one) to, or call 647-5800, x3005. It may take a few days for Self Help Staff to get back to you, so we ask for your patience.

La asistencia del Centro de Autoayuda se proporciona principalmente a través de servicios remotos.

Registrese para la lista de espera electronicamente frente a la sala de reunions del jurado

Se ofrece información breve y algunos servicios en persona en la Corte Superior de Monterey localizada en 1200 Aguajito Road, Monterey CA.

Si necesita ayuda, envíe su nombre, número de teléfono y número de caso judicial (si tiene uno) a o llame al (831) 647-5800, x3005. Es posible que el personal de autoayuda se tarde algunos días en comunicarse con usted, por lo cual le pedimos nos tenga paciencia.

Monterey County Superior Court Self-Help Center

The Self-Help Center provides information and explains options to self-represented litigants. The Self-Help Center does not represent parties or give legal advice.

Monterey Self-Help Center

First Floor of the Monterey Courthouse
1200 Aguajito Road
Monterey, CA 93940

Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM

(831) 647-5800 ext. 3005

Salinas Self-Help Center

118 West Gabilan Street, Salinas, CA 93901
(Intersection of Church and Gabilan)

Commencing July 6, 2021:

Mondays: open to public from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Tuesdays: by appointment only
Wednesdays: open to public from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursdays: closed
Fridays: by appointment only

(831) 647-5800 ext. 3005

King City Self-Help Center

250 Franciscan Way
King City CA 93930

2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month.
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

(831) 647-5800 ext. 3005


  • Visit the Self-Help Center to get information on workshops on family law topics, such as divorce and child support, visitation and custody issues.

The Self-Help Center can help you with:

  • Child Support Issues
  • Paternity Issues, including Set Aside Motion
  • Child Custody & Visitation
  • Spousal Support
  • Dissolutions (Divorce)
  • Legal Separation/Annulment
  • Domestic Partnerships
  • Elder Abuse
  • Domestic Violence
  • Civil Harassment
  • Probate Guardianships
  • Unlawful Detainers and Answers (Landlord/Tenant Issues)
  • Referrals to Small Claims Advisors
  • Monterey County Bar Association referrals
  • Referrals to other community resources
  • Small Claims forms
  • Limited Conservatorships

The Self-Help Center cannot help you with:

  • Criminal matters of any type
  • Landlord/Tenant Disputes for Section 8 Housing or other situations
  • Immigration
  • Juvenile Court matters (Juvenile Justice, dependency-including CPS matters)
  • Traffic
  • Probate matters (such as wills, trusts and conservatorships)
  • Dismissing Criminal Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
  • Most General Civil Litigation
  • Workers' Compensation


State forms are on the Judicial Council website and local forms are on the Court's main website.

Legal Advice

Information is available at the State Court Self-Help Site ( You can obtain a referral to a lawyer or legal aid group from the local bar association. The Self-Help Center can assist you with identifying the forms you need to file, review your completed forms for accuracy, and answer questions about the legal process.

You can get more help at these websites: